Smoking a 'Key Wellbeing indicators for NZ'
Statistics NZ is currently developing wellbeing measures in Aotearoa. Stats NZ are running a full consultation on what indicators of wellbeing should be included. According the Stats NZ, the indicators will monitor:
• Here and now – the wellbeing of the current generation, eg life satisfaction and health.
• Later – what we’re leaving behind for future generations, eg fish stocks and waste.
• Elsewhere – how our actions are impacting on other countries, eg foreign aid.
Why include smoking?
Tobacco smoking directly impacts wellbeing. It is a leading cause of health loss, premature death and health inequity. It is also a predictor of future health and wellbeing. Smoking also has a direct impact on childhood wellbeing, health equity, financial wellbeing and the mental wellbeing of New Zealanders. See our summary at the end of this email.
How do I submit?
Making a submission is easy and can be done the following ways:
1. Stats NZ online survey
2. A short poll and comment box on Stats NZ website
3. Email a written submission to email@example.com
2018 HPA tobacco control seminar - recordings
National Training Service 2018 Training Dates
Auckland: 12-13 June 2018
Group Based Therapy Training - limited spaces available
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org